Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Review: Lagunitas Hop Stoopid


Hop Stoopid Ale
For those mornings when you have to cut right to the chase, this is the one. Sure to blast through just about anything still lingering from the night before, this mouthful of Hops and huge rich Malt has a gaurantee built right into the name!
102 IBU
Alcohol 8% by volume 
lagunitas.com
 Analysis:
   I wouldn't say I am a hop head  but I do like a good hopped up beer from time to time. So when my eyes locked on to this label in the old beer store I was compelled to try it. When I cracked it open the scent was orgasmic in nature. I could hardly stop sniffing it long enough to pour it into the glass. If I had known what I was in store for I would have just chugged it out of the bottle, but I took the time to pour it into my favorite beer glass then drank it. The bitter hop flavor quickly attacked my mouth and continued all the way to my stomach. The hop flavor continued to resonate in my mouth. What a beautiful thing. This beer lives up to its name that's for sure. This beer was more than I expected and I highly recommend it.



No comments:

Post a Comment