Friday, January 28, 2011

Review: Bell's Porter

Brewed with a generous mix of chocolate malt and roast barley, our Porter matches subtle coffee aromas to a solid malt finish. Lighter in body than its stouter cousins, Porter earned a prominent place in our portfolio of beers with its balance of roasted flavors. First brewed in 1987, Porter remains a favorite among both our brewers and Bell's drinkers alike.
Alcohol 5.6% by volume 
Bellsbeer.com

 Analysis:
     Porters and stouts are my two favorite styles so whenever I come across one I haven't tried I can't resist pouring it into my face. When I saw this Bell's porter I thought it says "Bell's" on the bottle its got to be good and it was. It's a good porter not one of the best , but good.  It's a lighter porter that has light roasted flavors which I believe are the best attribute of this beer. My expectations were really high and it didn't quite live up to them.     
     As a porter man I tend to enjoy a thick rich full bodied porter. I certainly love the Bell's line of beers but next time I grab a Bell's I will reach around this one and grab a Double Cream Stout! DCS is a money shot!

1 comment:

  1. it's really nice and meanful. it's really cool blog. Linking is very useful thing.you have really helped lots of people who visit blog and provide them usefull information.
    scotch porter

    ReplyDelete