Monday, January 31, 2011

Review: Cottonwood High Gravity Frostbite

This medium bodied beer has a deep amber color, a slight caramel-like sweetness and extreme hop bitterness and flavor. This is not for the timid! This beer is for devoted Hop Heads! It also has a higher 8.5% alcohol by volume. Carolinabeer.com

Analysis: 
     Found this one on draft at the local bar. At first I was a was a little confused with this one. I couldn't seem to put my finger on what I was tasting. As I continued to drink it the words started to come to me. It was the lack of balance that stumped me. The sweet and bitter flavors just don't seem to get along.  It's a good beer overall not overpowering and the alcohol flavor is well disguised. I believe it will be the last Frostbite I partake in though.

No comments:

Post a Comment