Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Review: Abita Andygator

Andygator, a creature of the swamp, is a unique high-gravity brew made with pale malt, German lager yeast, and German Perle hops. Unlike other high-gravity brews, Andygator is fermented to a dry finish with a slightly sweet flavor and subtle fruit aroma. Reaching an alcohol strength of 8% by volume, it is a Helles Dopplebock.
IBU 25
Color 8
Analysis:
     I really enjoyed the Abita Abbey ale so I went back to the well in search of another good Abita beer. That was a bad idea indeed. This beer Abita calls Andygator is grainy and  too sweet with premature dryness and awkward aftertaste. Abita lost their way with this one. I think Abita and I are finished for awhile. We need to take a long break. I don't think it was meant to be.

Analyst score: 2 

No comments:

Post a Comment