Friday, February 18, 2011

Review: Smuttynose Wheat Wine Ale

Smuttynose Wheat Wine Ale is a unique hybridization of two well-known beer styles, combining the rich, voluptuous taste of a traditional barleywine with the subtle, tart flavors of an American wheat ale, topped off with a healthy dose of crisp, herbaceous hops.
ABV 12%
Smuttynose.com
Analysis:
     As soon as I caught wind of the release of the BIG beer series I became overwhelmed with anticipation. Smuttynose has never let me down before. Beer after beer they produce some of the best in every style. I cracked this wheat wine open and my love began there with the most magnificent scent. It started with a syrupy caramel which lead into moderate sweetness. Bordering to sweet but it's Smutty so of course they got it right. Then it turns to the wheat flavor a hop pop and rolls out a little dry with the alcohol showing it's presence late. Home run again!
Analyst Score: 9 

No comments:

Post a Comment